LaTanya “LT” Allen is an Associate and Advocate with the Hawkins Law Firm.
LT received her Juris Doctor, cum laude, from the University of Mississippi and her Bachelor of Science from Jackson State University, summa cum laude. During law school LT demonstrated her passion for helping others as a 1L Senator of the Student Bar Association, a member of the Child Advocacy Clinic, Law Association for Women, and the Black Law Student Association.
LT also brings legal experience as a Judicial Intern for the Honorable Dawn Beam of the Mississippi Supreme Court.
Prior to law school, LT was a paralegal, court administrator, and an official court reporter. She also served as the President of the Mississippi Court Reporter’s Association.
In June of 2022, the Mississippi Supreme Court appointed LT to serve on the Board of Certified Court Reporters as a state representative for the Mississippi Bar Association.
LT was also selected by her peers to serve on the Boards of the New Lawyers Division and the Minority Caucus of the Mississippi Association for Justice
- J.D. University of Mississippi School of Law, cum laude
- B.S. Jackson State University, summa cum laude
- Paralegal Technology, Hinds Community College
- Associate of Science, Hinds Community College
- Certificate of Stenography, South Suburban College
- American Bar Association
- Mississippi Bar Association
- Mississippi Association for Justice
- Capital Area Bar Association
- Mississippi State Courts
- Mississippi Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Mississippi
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Mississippi
- Mississippi Board of Certified Court Reporters Bar Representative
- Board Member New Lawyers Division Mississippi Association for Justice
- Board Member Minority Caucus Mississippi Association for Justice
- 2020 Bessie Young Scholar-University of Mississippi School of Law
- 2019 Presidential Scholar-Jackson State University
- 2019 STAR Lifetime Achievement Award-Chicago Women’s Conference and Expo